World Sports » Exercise – 1
1. Former Australian captain Mark Taylor has had several nicknames over his playing career. Which of the following was NOT one of them?
(c) Helium Bat
2. Track and field star Carl Lewis won how many gold medals at the 1984 Olympic games?
3. Who holds second and third place for most yards rushing in a single season in the NFL?
(a) Barry Sanders
(b) Jim Brown
(c) OJ Simpson
(d) Dick Lane
4. The nickname of Glenn McGrath is what?
(a) Ooh Ahh
(c) Big Bird
5. What NHL goaltender has the most career wins?
(a) Grant Fuhr
(b) Patrick Roy
(c) Chris Osgood
(d) Mike Vernon
- Indian Sports » Exercise - 1 51. How many players are there in Kabbadi team? (a) 11 (b) 9 (c) 5 (d) 7 52. Ali Sher, an Arjuna Award winner, is associated with (a) Golf (b) Football (c) Yatching (d) Hockey 53. Which of the following is correctly matched? (a) Nehru Trophy - Table Tennis (b) B.C. Roy Trophy - Lawn Tennis (c) Holkar Trophy - Bridge (d) Ruia Trophy - Kabbadi 54. India First won the Olympic Hockey Gold at (a) London (b) Amsterdam (c) Berlin (d) Rome 55. Tripping is associates with (a) Snooker (b) Volleyball (c) Football (d) Cricket 56. Jeev Milkha Singh is associated with which sports? (a) Volleyball (b) Golf (c) Athletics (d) Hockey 57. Which team did Sachin Tendulkar play for in the Ranji Trophy when he made his debut in first class cricket? (a) Karnataka (b) Delhi (c) Mumbai (d) Kerala 58. How many runs did Sachin Tendulkar was scored in his ODI debut? (a) 140 (b) 0 (c) 23 (d) 1 59. The highest first wicket partnership in Test Match Cricket was between two Indians: one is V.Mankad, who is the other? (a) Subhash Gupte (b) Sunil Gavaskar (c) Pankaj Roy (d) Chetan…
- World Sports » Exercise - 2 51. What is the length of each stump in the cricket? (a) 35 inches (b) 22 inches (c) 28 inches (d) 33 inches 52. Michael Ferraria is associated with which games/sports? (a) Billiards (b) Karate (c) Hockey (d) Tennis 53. Wimbledon is a place connected with (a) Lawn Tennis (b) Badminton (c) Cricket (d) Table Tennis 54. The name of Geoff Bycott is associated with which of the following games? (a) Cricket (b) Golf (c) Swimming (d) Boxing 55. The Reggio Emilia Tournament in which an Indian Won early in 1992 is related to (a) Chess (b) Tennis (c) Golf (d) Shooting 56. Who received he Wisden Award for the 'Indian Cricketer of the Century' (20th Century) (a) Kapil Dev (b) Sachin Tendulkar (c) Ajit Wadekar (d) Sunil Gavaskar 57. First Olympic Games were held in (a) 876 BC (b) 798 BC (c) 776 BC (d) 898 BC 58. Which of the following was the mascot of the Barcelona Olympic Games? (a) Cobi (b) Doves (c) hodori (d) Panda 59. 'Popping Crease' is associated with which games? (a) Swimming (b) Cricket (c) Water polo (d) Lawn Tennis 60. The Olympic museum was opened at which…