Programmable Logic Devices » Exercise – 1
1. A PLA consists of two-level ………… circuits one single chip.
2. The content of a simple programmable logic device (PLD) consists of:
(a) fuse-link arrays
(b) thousands of basic logic gates
(c) advanced sequential logic functions
(d) thousands of basic logic gates and advanced sequential logic functions
3. PLAs, CPLDs, and FPGAs are all which type of device?
4. Which type of PLD should be used to program basic logic functions?
5. The complex programmable logic device (CPLD) contains several PLD blocks and:
(a) field-programmable switches
(b) AND/OR arrays
(c) a global interconnection matrix
(d) a language compiler
- 555555555518. Each programmable array logic (PAL) gate product is applied to an OR gate and, if combinational logic is desired, the product is ORed and then: (a) the polarity fuse is restored (b) sent to an inverter for output (c) sent immediately to an output pin (d) passed to the AND function for output