FET » Exercise – 3
104. A JFET data sheet specifies VGS(off) = –10 V and IDSS = 8 mA. Find the value of ID when VGS = –3 V.
(a) 2 mA
(b) 1.4 mA
(c) 4.8 mA
(d) 3.92 mA
105. A JFET data sheet specifies VGS(off) = –6 V and IDSS = 8 mA. Find the value of ID when VGS = –3 V.
(a) 2 mA
(b) 4 mA
(c) 8 mA
(d) none of the above
- MOSFET » Exercise - 1 1. For a MOSFET, the gate current : (a) Is dependent on drain current (b) Is negligibly small (c) Is independent of gate voltage (d) Increases with increase in gate voltage 2. For an n-channel enhancement mode MOSFET, the drain current : (a) Decreases with increases in drain voltage (b) Decreases with decrease in drain voltage (c) Increases with increases in gate voltage (d) Increases with decrease in gate voltage 3. Input impedance of MOSFET is : (a) Less than BJT but more than FET (b) More than BJT but less than FET (c) More than BJT and FET (d) Less than BJT and FET 4. Electrostatic discharge may kill : (a) BJT (b) FET (c) UJT (d) MOSFET 5. Consider the statements Statement I : N-channel MOS transistors are faster than p-channel MOS transistor. Statement II : Surface field effect is the operational principle of MOSFETs. Which of the above is/are a valid one ? (a) Statement I only (b) Statement II only (c) Both statements I and II (d) Either statement I or II 6. The gate voltage required for the conduction of an n-channel enhanced mode MOSFET having a threshold voltage of 2V is : (a) 0 V (b)…
- FET » Exercise - 4 151. A BJT is a ________-controlled device. The JFET is a ________ - controlled device. (a) voltage, voltage (b) voltage, current (c) current, voltage (d) current, current 152. Which of the following is (are) not an FET? (a) n-channel (b) p-channel (c) p-n channel (d) n-channel and p-channel 153. Referring to this transfer curve, determine ID at VGS = 2 V. (a) 0.444 mA (b) 1.333 mA (c) 0.111 mA (d) 4.444 mA 154. What is the ratio of ID / IDSS for VGS = 0.5 VP? (a) 0.25 (b) 0.5 (c) 1 (d) 0 155. Which of the following represent(s) the cutoff region for an FET? (a) ID = 0 mA (b) VGS = VP (c) IG = 0 (d) All of the above 156. Referring to this transfer curve. Calculate (using Shockley's equation) VGS at ID = 4mA. (a) 2.54 V (b) –2.54 V (c) –12 V (d) Undefined 157. At which of the following condition(s) is the depletion region uniform? (a) No bias (b) VDS > 0 V (c) VDS = VP (d) None of the above 158. The three terminals of the JFET are the ________, ________, and ________. (a) gate, collector,…
- FET » Exercise - 1 1. The JFET acts as a ........... along vertical parts of the drain curve. (a) Resistor (b) Current source (c) Voltage source (d) Current sink 2. The transconductance curve of JFET which is also called as square law curve is : (a) Straight line (b) Parabolic (c) Circular (d) Wavy 3. Which of the following is/are valid statement(s) ? 1. The gate of a JFET is forward biased hence acts as a voltage controlled device. 2. The gate of a JFET is reversed biased, hence acts as a voltage controlled device. 3. The gate of a JFET is reverse biased, hence acts as voltage controlled device. (a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 1 and 2 (d) 1, 2 and 3 4. Field effect transistor has : (a) large input impedance (b) large output impedance (c) large power gain (d) large voltage gain 5. In the voltage range, Vp < VDS< BVDSS of an ideal JFET or MOSFET : (a) the drain current varies linearly with VDS (b) the drain current is constant (c) the drain current varies non-linearly with VDS (d) the drain current is cut off 6. The transconductance, gm of a JFET is computed at constant VDS, by the following : (a)…