Shift Registers » IQ – 1
1. Define registers ?
A register is a group of flip-flops flip-flop can store one bit information. So an n-bit register has a group of n flip-flops and is capable of storing any binary information / number containing n-bits.
2. Define shift registers ?
The binary information in a register can be moved from stage to stage within the register or into or out of the register upon application of clock pulses. This type of bit movement or shifting is essential for certain arithmetic and logic operations used in microprocessors. This gives rise to group of registers called shift registers.
3. What are the different types of shift type ?
There are five types. They are :
(1) Serial In Serial Out Shift Register
(2) Serial In Parallel Out Shift Register
(3) Parallel In Serial Out Shift Register
(4) Parallel In Parallel Out Shift Register
(5) Bidirectional Shift Register
|Subject Name : Electronics Engineering|
|Exam Name : IIT GATE, UPSC ESE, RRB, SSC, DMRC, NMRC, BSNL, DRDO, ISRO, BARC, NIELIT|
|Posts Name : Assistant Engineer, Management Trainee, Junior Engineer, Technical Assistant|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering Books
|GATE 2022 Total Info||ENGG DIPLOMA||UGC NET Total Info|
|IES 2022 Total Info||PSUs 2021 Total Info||CSIR UGC NET Total Info|
|JAM 2022 Total Info||M TECH 2021 Total Info||RAILWAY 2021 Total Info|
- Shift Registers » Exercise - 167. By adding recirculating lines to a 4-bit parallel-in, serial-out shift register, it becomes a ________, ________, and ________-out register. (a) parallel-in, serial, parallel (b) serial-in, parallel, serial (c) series-parallel-in, series, parallel (d) bidirectional in, parallel, series