101. Benjamin Franklin was a prolific inventor. He invented the lightning rod, the Franklin stove, studied electricity, discovered the Gulf Stream, started the first library, and on and on. Among his many other inventions, what musical instrument did he invent?
102. Who is often called the ‘first African-American’ inventor?
(a) Bessie Blount
(b) George Washington Carver
(c) Benjamin Banneker
(d) Elijah McCoy
103. What Frank Whittle invented?
(b) Ethyl gasoline
(d) Jet propulsion
104. What Igor Sikorsky invented?
(b) Jet engine airplane
105. What George Pullman invented?
(a) Sleeping (railway) car
(c) Box car (railway)
(d) Air brakes
- 51. What African-American inventor received 5 patents in the field of shoemaking? (a) Elijah McCoy (b) Jan Ernst Matzeliger (c) Ernest Just (d) Lewis Latimer 52. This part-time race car driver invented the bucket seat in 1969. Who was he?? (a) Steve McQueen (b) Harrison Frazier (c) Paul Newman (d) John Wayne 53. The Manhattan Project was started by President Roosevelt in 1942 to ensure that the U.S. beat the Germans in developing a nuclear bomb. Whom did Roosevelt appoint as scientific head the Manhattan Project? (a) Robert Oppenheimer (b) James B. Conant (c) Leslie R. Groves (d) Vannevar Bush 54. Who is the English physicist responsible for the 'Big Bang Theory'? (a) Albert Einstein (b) Michael Skube (c) George Gamow (d) Roger Penrose 55. This African-American woman physical therapist worked with soldiers disabled in World War II. She invented a device that helped the disabled to eat by delivering food through a tube to a mouthpiece. (a) Bessie Blount (b) Marjorie Joyner (c) Mae Jamison (d) Beulah Henry 56. William Frederick is credited with the invention of the modern frisbee in the mid 1950's. In 1957 the Wham-O Company bought his idea and the rest is history. They named…