BJT Amplifiers » Exercise – 1
2. The dc emitter current of a transistor is 8 mA. What is the value of re?
(b) 13.3 k
3. What is the most important r parameter for amplifier analysis?
4. Which of the h-parameters corresponds to re in a common-base configuration?
5. Under which of the following conditions is the output impedance of the network approximately equal to RC for a common-emitter fixed-bias configuration?
(a) ro 10RC
(b) ro 2 10RC
(c) ro 2 ro
(d) ro 4 ro
- 5555555555 45. A voltage-follower amplifier comes to you for service. You find the voltage gain to be 5.5 and the input impedance 22 kΩ. The probable fault in this amplifier, if any, is ________. (a) the gain is too low for this type of amplifier. (b) the input impedance is too high for this amplifier. (c) nothing is wrong. The trouble must be somewhere else. (d) none of these.