1. Define combinational logic ?
When logic gates are connected together to produce a specified output for certain specified combinations of input variables, with no storage involved, the resulting circuit is called combinational logic.
2. Explain the design procedure for combinational circuits ?
(1) The problem definition.
(2) Determine the number of available input variables & required O/P variables.
(3) Assigning letter symbols to I/O variables.
(4) Obtain simplified Boolean expression for each O/P.
(5) Obtain the logic diagram.
3. Define multiplexer ?
Multiplexer is a digital switch. If allows digitalinformation from several sources to be routed onto a single output line.
4. Define Decoder ?
A decoder is a multiple – input multiple output logic circuit that converts coded inputs into coded outputs where the input and output codes are different.
5. What is binary decoder ?
A decoder is a combinational circuit that converts binary information from n input lines to a maximum of 2n out puts lines.
6. Define Encoder ?
An encoder has 2n input lines and n output lines. In encoder the output lines generate the binary code corresponding to the input value.
7. What is priority Encoder ?
A priority encoder is an encoder circuit that includes the priority function. In priority encoder, if 2 or more inputs are equal to 1 at the same time, the input having the highest priority will take precedence.
8. What do you mean by comparator ?
A comparator is a special combinational circuit designed primarily to compare the relative magnitude of two binary numbers.
|Combinational Circuits – Mcq|
|Combinational Circuits – Notes|
|Combinational Circuits – IQ|
Be a Part of The New & Next
Share the Knowledge