1. Which one of the following national highway is the longest is India ?
(a) NH No. 2 Wellu to Kolkata
(b) NHNo. 6 Jlajira to Kolkata
(c) NH No. 7 Varanasi to Kanyakumari
(d) NH No. 8 Delhi to Mumbai
2. The National highways system is the responsibility of ?
(a) State Governments
(b) Central Government
(c) A Special Roads Authority
(d) State and Central Governments
3. The first Indian railway train in 1853, journeyed between :
(a) Bombay and Pune
(b) Pune and Ahmedabad
(c) Bombay and Thane
(d) Howrah and Kharagpur
4. Which of the following is the first major port opened in the East Coast in independent India ?
5. The commodity which accounts for the maximum volume of goods transported by the Railways in India is :
(a) iron and steel
(c) mineral oil
(d) non-ferrous metallic ores