1. With reference to the climate of India, the western disturbances originate over which one of the following ?
(a) Arabian Sea
(b) Baltic Sea
(c) Caspian Sea
(d) Mediterranean Sea
2. In which state do the Monsoon arrives first ?
(b) West Bengal
3. Which one of the following areas of India does not come under the zone of high seismic intensity ?
(b) Karnataka Plateau
(d) Himachal Pradesh
4. Among the following regions of India, which one receives comparatively least amount of annual rainfall ?
(a) An 80 km wide coastal belt from Nellore to Point Calimere
(b) The middle and lower Asom valley
(c) North-eastern Rajasthan
(d) The coastal plains of Gujarat south of Narmada
5. The western coast of India receive very high rainfall in summer mainly due to :
(a) Tropical location
(b) Nearness to sea
(c) Western Ghats
General Knowledge Books
Be a Part of the New & Next
Share the Knowledge