6. Pinging is a function of what TCP/IP protocol ?
7. When you mail a registered package through the standard mail system, you make an assumption that the person to which it is addressed receives it. This analogous to which protocol ?
8. What does the window field in a TCP segment indicate ?
(a) Number of the called port.
(b) Number of 32-bit words in the header.
(c) Number of octets that the sender is willing to accept.
(d) Number used to insure correct sequencing of the arriving data.
9. What does TCP use to keep track of different conversations crossing the network at the same time ?
(a) IP addresses
(b) Port numbers
(c) MAC addresses
(d) Route numbers
10. How does TCP synchronize a connection between the source and the destination before data transmission ?
(a) Holton functions
(b) Two-way handshake
(c) Three-way handshake
(d) Four-way handshake
Share the Knowledge