31. Which diode is otherwise called as hot carrier diode ?
(a) Schottky diode
(b) Tunnel diode
(c) PIN diode
(d) Varactor diode
32. The dynamic impedance of Zener diode ………. with increase in the current flow through it.
(c) Remains unaffected
(d) Is independent
33. The following statement forms the basis of one of the following electronic devices. Identify it. “If a particle is electronic on a potential barrier with energy certainly less than the height of the potential barrier, it will not necessarily be reflected by the barrier but there is always a probability that it may cross the barrier and continue its forward motion”.
(a) Tunnel diode
(b) PIN diode
(c) Schottky diode
(d) Metal oxide semiconductor diode
34. Identify the false statement with respect to the Zener diode.
(a) Zener diode is needed for voltage regulation
(b) Zener diode is operated in reverse biased condition
(c) Zener diode has similar characteristics to that of an ideal current source
(d) None of the above
35. Match the items in Group I with items in Group II most suitably
Group I Group II
(P) LED (1) Heavily doped
(Q) Avalanche photo diode (2) Coherent radiation
(R) Tunnel diode (3) Spontaneous emission
(S) LASER (4) Current gain
(a) P-2, Q-1, R-3, S-4
(b) P-4, Q-3, R-2, S-1
(c) P-3, Q-4, R-1, S-2
(d) P-3, Q-2, R-1, S-4
Be a Part of The New & Next
Share the Knowledge