1. Define registers ?
A register is a group of flip-flops flip-flop can store one bit information. So an n-bit register has a group of n flip-flops and is capable of storing any binary information / number containing n-bits.
2. Define shift registers ?
The binary information in a register can be moved from stage to stage within the register or into or out of the register upon application of clock pulses. This type of bit movement or shifting is essential for certain arithmetic and logic operations used in microprocessors. This gives rise to group of registers called shift registers.
3. What are the different types of shift type ?
There are five types. They are :
(1) Serial In Serial Out Shift Register
(2) Serial In Parallel Out Shift Register
(3) Parallel In Serial Out Shift Register
(4) Parallel In Parallel Out Shift Register
(5) Bidirectional Shift Register
Be a Part of The New & Next
Share the Knowledge