31. Consider the following statements regarding a semiconductor :
1. Acceptor level lies close to valence band.
2. Donor level lies close to valence band.
3. N-type semiconductor behaves as a conductor at 0°K.
4. P-type semiconductor behaves as an insulator at 0°K.
(a) 1 & 2 are correct
(b) 1 & 3 are correct
(c) 1 & 4 are correct
(d) 2 & 3 are correct
32. In a semiconductor, the total current is equal to :
(a) Sum of electron and hole currents flow in same direction
(b) Sum of electron and hole currents flow in opposite directions
(c) Electron current only
(d) Hole current only
33. Semiconductor materials are made up of :
(a) Metallic bond
(b) Ionic bond
(c) Un-shared bond
(d) Covalent bond
34. Consider the statements with respect to semiconductor breakdown.
Statement 1 : The Zener breakdown occurs in junctions which are lightly doped.
Statement 2 : The avalanche breakdown occurs in junctions, which are heavily doped.
(a) Statements 1 & 2 are correct
(b) Only statement 1 is correct
(c) Only statement 2 is correct
(d) Statements 1 & 2 are wrong
35. Current flow in the semiconductor slap is due to :
(a) Drift phenomenon
(b) Diffusion phenomenon
(c) Recombination phenomenon
(d) All of the above
Be a Part of The New & Next
Share the Knowledge