1. The equivalent resistance of series combination is :
(a) smaller than the largest resistance
(b) larger than the largest resistance
(c) smaller than the smallest resistance
(d) larger than the smallest resistance
2. When a 1.2 kΩ resistor, 100 Ω resistor, 1 kΩ resistor and 50 Ω resistor are in parallel, the total resistance is less than :
(a) 100 Ω
(b) 50 Ω
(c) 1 kΩ
(d) 1.2 kΩ
3. Three 3 ohm resistors are connected to form a triangle. What is the resistance between any two of the corners ?
(a) 3/4 ohms
(b) 3 ohms
(c) 2 ohms
(d) 4/3 ohm
4. If a 10 V battery is connected across the parallel resistors of 3 Ω, 5 Ω, 10 Ω and 20 Ω, how much voltage is there across 5 Ω resistor ?
(a) 10 V
(b) 3 V
(c) 5 V
(d) 20 V
5. The power dissipation in each of three parallel braches is 1 W. What is the total power dissipation of the circuit ?
(a) 1 W
(b) 4 W
(c) 3 W