(1) Prepositions of Time : In, On, At, By
• I was born in 1982.
• The wedding will be in April.
• We are in the sixth week of the semester.
• The party is on Friday.
• Arrive at 3 p.m.
Deadlines : No matter the time frame, use “by” with due dates :
• Your papers are due by 5 p.m./Tuesday/April/2009.
(2) Prepositions of Location : At, In, On
At : Located at a specific place
I left my homework at home.
In : Located within boundaries (enclosed)
I was in the study room.
On : Located on a surface (not enclosed)
I left my homework on the study table.
(3) Prepositions of Direction : To, Into, Onto
To : Moving toward a specific place
We are moving to Mumbai next month.
Into : Moving to the inside of an enclosed space
The dog jumped into the pond.
Onto : Moving toward a surface
The book fell onto the floor.
|Preposition – Mcq||Preposition – Notes|
Be a Part of The New & Next
Share the Knowledg