1. Multiplexing is used in :
(a) Packet switching
(b) Circuit switching
(c) Data switching
(d) None of the mentioned
2. Quadrature multiplexing is
(a) same as FDM.
(b) same as TDM.
(c) a combination of FDM and TDM.
(d) the scheme where same carrier frequency is used for two different signals.
3. In order to separate channels in a TDM receiver, it is necessary to use :
(a) AND gates
(b) bandpass filters
4. To separate channels in an FDM receiver, it is necessary to use :
a. AND gates
b. bandpass filters
5. Which one of the following is not an advantage of TDM over FDM :
(a) TDM has simpler instrumentation
(b) TDM is not vulnerable in the usual sources of FDM interchannel cross talk
(c) TDM can achieve the minimum bandwidth as FDM without loss of cross talk immunity
(d) None of these