1. A simple-to-use instrument often used to detect logic levels is the ________.
(a) logic meter
(b) logic pulser
(c) logic probe
(d) logic comparator
2. A logic probe is placed on the input of a digital circuit and the probe lamp blinks slowly, indicating ________.
(a) a high level output
(b) that the supply voltage is low
(c) a high-frequency pulse train
(d) that an open or bad logic level exists
3. The number of LED display indicators in logic probe are :
(c) 1 or 2
4. A logic probe is placed on the output of a gate and the display indicator is dim. A pulser is used on each of the input terminals, but the output indication does not change. What is wrong ?
(a) The gate may be a tri-state device.
(b) The output of the gate appears to be open.
(c) The dim indication is a result of a bad ground connection on the logic probe.
(d) The dim indication on the logic probe indicates that the supply voltage is probably low.
5. A logic probe is used to test the pins of a 7411 IC with the following results. Is there a problem with the chip and if so, what is the problem ?
(a) Pin 6 should be ON.
(b) Pin 6 should be pulsing.
(c) Pin 8 should be ON.
(d) No problem.