20. What is depletion mode operation MOS ?
If the channel is initially doped lightly with p-type impurity a conducting channel exists at zero gate voltage and the device is said to operate in depletion mode.
21. What is enhancement mode operation of MOS ?
If the region beneath the gate is left initially uncharged the gate field must induce a channel before current can flow. Thus the gate voltage enhances the channel current and such a device is said to operate in the enhancement mode.
22. Mention the characteristics of MOS transistor ?
(1) The n- channel MOS conducts when its gate- to- source voltage is positive.
(2) The p- channel MOS conducts when its gate- to- source voltage is negative
(3) Either type of device is turned of if its gate-to- source voltage is zero.
23. What is 14000 series ?
It is the oldest and standard CMOS family. The devices are not pin compatible or electrically compatible with any TTL Series.
Be a Part of the New & Next
Share the Knowledge