6. The state of Awadh was made a part of the British Empire in India through …………
(a) the policy of Doctrine of Lapse
(b) the policy of Subsidiary Alliance
(c) mayo’s Provincial settlement
(d) war against Gangadhar Rao
7. In whose reign, Guru Nanak Dev established Sikhism ?
(a) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
(b) Sikandar Lodi
8. Who of the following compiled ‘Adigranth’ or ‘Guru Granth Saheb’ ?
(a) Guru Nanak Dev
(b) Guru Teg Bahadur
(c) Guru Govind Singh
(d) Guru Arjun Dev
9. A group of eunuches and ladies dominated the Government under ………..
(a) Muhammad Shah (1719-48)
(b) Ahmed Shah (1748-54)
(c) Alamgir II (1754-59)
(d) Shah Alam II (1759-1806)
10. In 1775, who referred to the Nawab of Bengal as “a Phantom, a man of straw” ?
(a) Warren Hastings
(b) A member of Court of Directors
(c) A Judge of Supreme Court of Calcutta
(d) Robert Clive
Be a Part of The New & Next
Share the Knowledge